Follow by Email

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Needs a Remake: Nightwish (1989)


A group of grad students and their strange professor take a trip to a remote cabin to document... er-herm... "paranormal activity." Things get scary, hallucinatory and a little erotic. But wait! The increasingly weird outing is actually within a dream-research experiment. It becomes a creepy, shared nightmare and their guide becomes less trustworthy. Original concept + small budget= Ripe remake
The through storyline is eventually too hard to follow and the acting isn't great, but the ideas are horror movie gold. Its neat ending is very memorable and it has an attractive young cast. Look for it on home video cassette, or I guess torrents? Otherwise you're fucked.

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by this. I haven't heard of this one and I love horror. Maybe I can find the vhs on ebay!! :/ :)

    ReplyDelete