Follow by Email

Monday, February 20, 2012

Luck (TV Series) Review

Something glorious has happened. Okay okay here's my excuse for having this on my exploitation blog:
Last night's episode had Kerry Condon's nice titties. She's Irish.
If you think you have a brain, don't watch this show because most people who don't think they're stupid really are. For instance, I'm way smarter than any of you. So to the point, last night's episode also had some of the most pitch-perfect David Milch-ness. If you don't know who he is he was responsible for the writing on this show:
So as I was saying... there I was at Blockbuster, 14-years-old and hankering for something to jack off to. If you read beyond this sentence, you probably need a life more than I. So I rented Deadwood because it was on HBO! Shwing! Melville said: "The greatest poems in life spin against their drive," basically. David Milch often quotes that. Melville couldn't have said it better. The greatest moments in life are often accidents. So there I was with Deadwood, mindless jack-off material, right?
Back to last night's ep, I actually had tears streaming down my face at a montage/series-of-shots about half-way through. It was sexy. One of the things Deadwood never did, which I was muy thankful for, was use intense music to manipulate our emotions. Last night's Luck did this during the montage. The fact that this technique never ever ever works on me and it did last night to such a shocking degree just goes to show what a heart-puking masterpiece this show is. Even though it's only an acting performance, I think Nick Nolte isn't quite the wasted douchebag we thought he was. I've never loved horses quite this much. Two of them did die in the production of this epic, which is no doubt a tragedy, but apparently the horse-racing death rate is surprisingly high. All for the sake of art? These people have a heart, trust me.
In one scene after a racing victory, Nick Nolte's character talks to his ill-horse, addressing the horse's murdered father and asking him not to take his son because he couldn't handle both of their deaths on his hands. And Cougartown has a higher Metacritic average than this show.
Rating: High. Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment