Follow by Email

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Insidious: That was it?

They said it was even better than James Wan's first film Saw! Some critic even moronically boasted, "The scariest movie since The Exorcist!" What? So there hasn't been a scary movie since the early seventies? And wait, The Exorcist wasn't even scary. Someone needs to shove a DVD of Session 9 down his throat.
This brat is stuck in a nether-world and he's being held there by spirits. The parents get a psychic involved and soon they are instructing him to follow their voices to escape. Horror doesn't get any more original. Oh wait, it's a rip-off of Poltergeist (sadly not the superior Poultrygeist), which is a rip-off of the Twilight Zone episode Little Girl Lost which is an adaptation of a Richard Matheson story from the 1950s.

But sexy Rose Byrne saves it at least right? No. They managed to make her look like crap and her acting actually kinda sucks. I think that is her "I'm not happy" face.

This is the demon. Big fucking deal. I spoiled it for you. Now you don't have to sit through it and miss details because you got bored and moved over to your laptop. They don't want to show you the whole make-up job because you'll realize he looks like you know who.

But he's not the only ghost/demon/spirit.
Twin girls at the end of a hall. Where have I seen dis before?

Oh well, I can always dream of the movie it should've been:

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I was beginning to think that I was only one in the world who didn't fall head over heels over this movie. And that's the same feeling I had at the end too "Wait, is that it??? This is the movie that's supposed to be so fantastic? Did I watch the right movie??"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I knew I wasn't crazy! Nice review yourself on your own blog by the way. Now to go watch some better indie horror.

    ReplyDelete