Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Worst Movies Ever #3

Mother of Tears (2007)

To make matters worse, this movie was supposed to end Dario Argento's horror trilogy that included the great Italian films "Suspiria" and "Inferno." I mean seriously... what the fuck? By the time you see the Asian ghost mother wrestling the guy who's on fire, you'll be thinking the same thing. The effects are bad, the story is boring and Asia Argento is completely wasted. Maybe her and her father (Dario) actually were wasted and that's why this sucks such big ass.
Look at 'em. They're laughing at me. Laughing at all of us all the way to the Bank/Italian winery. I won't even give the film a rating! I laugh right back at you! I win!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I couldn't disagree more! I don't love 'MoT' as much as Argento's classics, but I do like it. I think that it's really over-the-top...but that's par for the course with Argento.

    Plus, it has most of the Argento check-list filled...
    * Relative/spouse in the film.
    * Lesbians.
    * Witchcraft.
    * Crazy animal.
    * Gory, gory death.

    I guess we can agree to disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found it to be very generic. Nowhere near the crazy stylized film that Argento's classics are. Gore, crazy animals and lesbians are always good, but they have to be implemented better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an overall shitty movie but has AMAZING kill sequences! Even worse was we had to wait so many years for it to come out!

    The sad truth is that the breathtaking "stylings" of early Argento are a thing of the past. I'm a huge fan but his last few films are almost unwatchable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, he actually disowned "Giallo" that had that dick Adrian Brody in it.

    ReplyDelete